Run or walk 66 miles of North Downs Way over two days at the legendary Pilgrim Challenge or take on a single day challenge!
Please note, the event is now full, there are some places left torun the Sunday only.
4th-5th Feb 2017
Course Records - Danny Kendall 07:50:23, Elisabet Barnes 09:56:47.
This is a UTMB Qualifier event ( 4 points)
Firmly established as one of our most popular events, the Pilgrim Challenge is a fantastic multi-day ultra marathon over two days taking in 66 miles of North Downs Way national trail.
The route, all on the long distance path of southern England, was once trodden by pilgrims heading for Canterbury. The race soaks up ancient countryside, picturesque villages and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
As with all of our events, everything is taken care of at the Pilgrim challenge so you can focus on the experience! Overnight accommodation, evening meals, showers, breakfast, food and drink at checkpoints, free parking, and even inspiring guest speakers in the evenings are all included.
Watch the one-minute video
The two days, fully supported including accommodation and all food is £140. Click to Book now>
Navigation and Support
The North Downs National Trail has excellent markings in the form of signposts or post discs. In addition, you will be given a route card, designed to help on any tricky sections. The event is supported by a Course Manager to maintain event safety and to manage any serious incidents. A fully qualified medical crew are in attendance, to give first aid and to manage any serious medical problems in cooperation with the emergency services.
You'll stay at Chart Wood School, Taynton Drive, Merstham, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 3PU, with sleeping accommodation in a large hall and gym. There is a dedicated rest area, showers and dining area.
The accommodation is now full - however if you'd like to enter this event for either one or two days, you can do so at the non-accomodation included price. Check out the following accomodation options for the Saturday overnight:
Travelodge, Redhill. 1.7 miles from finish. From £33 per room.
Premier Inn 4.4 miles from finish. From £36 per room. At least 4 rooms available.
We will give you a lift there and back.
What's included in the price
- Car parking
- A fully recced route designed to make the event special and challenging for all
- Event t-shirt
- Start/finish WC facilities including showers at the overnight
- Unwanted Kit transported from start to finish each day.
- Overnight accommodation in the school
- Evening meal and breakfast
- Checkpoint food and water throughout the event
- Tea, coffee and cake for all competitors at the finish area each day
- All permissions needed for the event granted, safety & medical cover throughout the event
- Medal awarded to each finisher
- Prizes awarded for the winners
- Results reported on-line
- Guest speakers in the evenings
- Free photos after the event!
Early bird price £135 before end December 2016
Standard Entry Price £140, starts 1st Jan 2017
Late entry fee, Price £150, starts 20th Jan 2017
Alternative Price options
Full event no accommodation or food £116
Single day £58
Accommodation and food is £30 per night.
Please Note: A 3% service charge, levied by this registration software, will be added to your final amount.
- Trains: Farnham from London Waterloo by Southwest Trains. Trains run at 05:00, 05:30, 06:15, 06:53, 07:23, 07:30, 07:53, 08:00. Last pick up from Farnham station is 09:00
Merstham to Waterloo or Victoria leave at 42 minutes past the hour. Redhill to Waterloo leave at 11 min. and 45 min. past the hour.
- By Road: Farnham is on the A31, A331 from junction 4 of the M3. Merstham is on the A23 near the junction of the M25 and the M23.
We are excited to welcome Elizabet Barnes and Kevin Webber to join us at the Pilgrim. Both of these endurance runners have incredible stories to tell us, and jaw-dropping feats of toughness to inspire us with. Read about Kevin on the Huffington Post and have a look at Elizabet's website here.
The magic can't happen without our amazing volunteers. Would your friends or family like to volunteer if they are coming along to support you? Or do you know anyone who would like to make the magic of this event happen? All volunteers get free race entry the following year, food, accomodation and a free buff. To register, click here.
Handy Downloads and Course Profile
To book this event click here.