Run to Uganda Virtual for Humanity Direct (1st - 11th July): a FREE to enter virtual event, raising money for life-changing, life-saving medical treatment for children overseas
We might not be able to run our usual events at the moment, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun outdoors - and do something amazing for kids in developing countries...
We're not able to put on our normal events right now, but that doesn't mean we can't still do what we love. We're delighted to be supporting Humanity Direct - our usual single-day series charity partners - for this very special Run to Uganda virtual.
Between the 1st and 11th July, we're inviting you to join us as we collectively try to run 6318 miles from Princes Risborough in Buckinghamshire (the start of the cancelled Chiltern Ultra) to Kampala in Uganda. It's a route that, if we were doing it in reality, would take us through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, South Sudan, and finally to Uganda. And all without leaving your local roads or trails!
Enter now >
- 1st - 11th July 2020
- 6,318 miles (total distance) - contribute as little or as much as you like
- FREE to enter - with options to donate or fundraise. Collectively, we're aiming to raise £10,000 for Humanity Direct.
Humanity Direct works closely in Uganda to help children from some of the poorest backgrounds get access to life-changing medical operations, as well as supporting an eye-testing and spectacles programme.
Over the 11 days, every person who enters this event and links their Strava will contribute to our efforts to really go that distance from Princes Risborough to Kampala. Whether you clock one mile, 10 miles, 100 miles - or more! - every step you take a record during those 11 days will help us along our 6318-mile journey.
It's completely free to enter, but we hope you'll either donate at the point of entry and / or fundraise to help us also reach our target of £10,000.
How it works
Anyone can take part: young or old, wherever you are (providing you're following the current Covid-19 guidance in your country). This is a challenge the whole family can get involved in - help us on our epic 6318-mile virtual journey through Europe and the Middle East into Africa.
- Enter online
- You'll have the option to commit to achieving a certain distance during your 11 day challenge, if you wish
- You'll also be asked to donate there and then or to set up a fundraising profile with Humanity Direct
- Once you've finished, you'll be sent instructions on linking your Strava account to our challenge tracker (including setting up a Strava account, if you don't have one)
- Wait for 1st July, then lace up your shoes and GO! Remember to track your progress through Strava for your mileage to get added to our grand total
- Check the live map during the challenge to see how we're doing on our long journey together
- If you're fundraising, don't forget to spread the word and get those donations in!
Here's an idea: why not set up some challenges amongst friends, colleagues or family to see who can clock the most mileage during the 11 days? You'll be able to see your individual progress live on our challenge tracker page.
We can't wait to see you on the challenge tracker! Questions? Say hello on firstname.lastname@example.org.