Pole to Uganda Virtual for Humanity Direct (1st - 25th December): a FREE to enter virtual event, raising money for life-changing, life-saving medical treatment for children overseas
After the huge success of our first virtual from the UK to Uganda in July, we've decided to up the ante and do another Virtual Run to Uganda, this time leading up to Christmas and starting at Santa’s home: the North Pole.
Like last time, we'll be working together to cover the distance - but this time, we'll be doing it with Santa! Join us as we help him make his epic 8,000-mile journey from the North Pole to the children of Kampala, Uganda to deliver the very special gift of life-changing surgery. Also new: everyone who takes part will receive a special Santa buff and medal with distance ribbon.
Enter now >
We're aiming to cover 8,000 miles (that's 12,700km if you prefer metric!) and raise at least £20,000 for our friends Humanity Direct over the course of 25 days, from 1st to 25th December. We're putting the Advent in Adventure.
Who are Humanity Direct?
XNRG long-standing charity partners, Humanity Direct do amazing work in Uganda and beyond, providing life-saving and life-changing medical support and operations to children in developing countries. All the funds you raise as part of this event will go towards their projects in Uganda, including performing surgery and supporting their ongoing Spectacles for Children programme.
How it works
- Enter for FREE and set up a fundraising profile with Humanity Direct or make a one-off donation to their Universal Fund
- Connect your Strava account to your entry profile on UltraBritain (don't worry: you can also enter your mileage manually during the challenge)
- Line up your shoes / layers / santa suit / best bobble hat for the start of the event on 1st December and challenge your friends to beat your distance (if you're competitive!)
- GET MOVING! Anything on two legs counts towards the distance. Walking the dog, couch to 5k jogs, training or running an ultra - EVERY MILE COUNTS
- Check your progress on our live leaderboard. Get your friends and family involved and see who can contribute the most miles!
- Keep it going until Christmas Day, check in with us on Facebook for photos and social fun, and keep those donations coming
- Enjoy the big day; we'll send you a special Santa buff and medal (with a 50km, 100km, 150km, 200km, 250km or 300km distance ribbon) through the post in the new year.
Here's an idea: why not set up some challenges amongst friends, colleagues or family to see who can clock the most mileage during the 25 days? You'll be able to see your individual progress live on our challenge tracker page.
We can't wait to see you on the challenge tracker! Questions? Say hello on firstname.lastname@example.org.